So, let me be honest. This doesn’t actually taste like CHEESE. But, it is a delcious spicy, creamy, comfort food dish. I’d love to hear what you think!
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
3 Tbs fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 clove garlic
pinch cayenne pepper
8oz uncooked of elbow or shell pasta (brown rice pasta or another gluten-free version)
freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Boil water and cook pasta according to instructions
3. Using a high powered blender or food processor (I used my Ninja) process cashews until a nut-butter consistency (they will first be finely ground, but if you keep letting them process, they’ll turn creamy)
4. Add in the rest of ingredients listed above before “pasta” and blend until creamy
5. Drain pasta and place in baking dish. Add desired amount of sauce (I didn’t use all of it). Top with cracked black pepper and a dash of paprika.
6. Bake for 20 minutes and then enjoy!
Try adding roasted veggies or spinach!