These muffins make a perfect breakfast or snack – Full of nutrition and packed with protein to keep you full and energize your body! Plus, who doesn’t like a dark chocolate chip muffin, amiright?
These are super quick and easy to put together and I almost always have all the staple ingredients in my house. If you want to make these vegan, use the Shaklee Life Plain protein and a flax egg. Let me know if you try these and what you think!
3⁄4 cup almond meal
3⁄4 cup Vanilla or Plain Shaklee Life Shake (I like to do 1/2 cup plain and 1/4 cup vanilla)
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 egg or 1 flax egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 banana – diced
Dark chocolate chips (to taste – I used 30g Ghiradelli)
coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Gently fold in the bananas and chocolate chips so that they’re well combined.
6. Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray. Pour batter into the muffin tins. Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.