I eat oatmeal most mornings for breakfast. There are so many health benefits. The key is changing up what you add to it and how you prepare it so that you don’t get bored. Here is one of my recent favorites! Bonus: it’s vegan and gluten free
- 3 organic apples (cored, peeled, diced)
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 8 drops organic liquid stevia
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients except your toppings to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-5 hours depending on your cooker. Some take longer and some are faster. Some may take closer to 7 hours, if so you can do this easily overnight! Mine usually cooks in about 3-4hrs
Be sure to use STEEL CUT OATS. These are heartier and take longer to cook so they are better for slow cooking.
Before serving, I like to add 1tsp chia seeds and 1 tbsp Shaklee Vanilla Energizing Soy Protein